Tanks and Pipeline Transport - Get a Quote Now, Call Lorraine on 010 880 7762
Tanktainer Transport and pipeline transport is a very tricky task as they are highly susceptible to damage or loss. The tanks themselves are heavy and long and it is difficult to manoeuvre them thus causing this to need specialised abnormal transport. A flatbed truck is used to transport tanks and pipelines, crane trucks are used for rigging and position the tank or pipe in its ideal location.
Sometimes it is also required to make use of extendable trailers, which means that it can either increase or decrease in size. This allows them to carry a wide variety of tanks and pipes without having to change trailers.
Get a Quote Now, Call Lorraine on 010 880 7762
Ensure that you:
- Keep any protruding parts into consideration when supplying tank diameter and info to the transporter.
- Inform the transporter of any special requirements for loading and offloading area or if there is a reach.
- Inform the transporter if crane truck hire is needed for loading and offloading.
Things that you should tell your transporter before getting a quote:
- What is the type of tank? (is Fuel tank transport or gas tank transport needed)
- What is the diameter, length and weight of the tank/pipe?
- Would we need to load and offload, and if so would it be to ground level or into a dunking?
- Is there a reach or can vehicle get right next to loading/offloading point?
- Is the tank on a cradle/frame?
- Do the pipes need uprights?
Call Lorraine on 010 880 7762